top of page

The Immlaws Travel/Business Visa Team, part of our Consular Services Department, offers a full suite of services to meet the evolving needs of personal and business travelers. We help you understand compliance requirements. We create a process that will support your needs. We explore the use of technology to increase efficiency. Our goal is to create a more compliant and less onerous traveler program than traditional models.


Business Visitor Visas (B-1)

Permanent Labor Certification LC for Employment based Green Card A permanent labor certification issued by the Department of Labor (DOL) allows an employer to hire a foreign worker to work permanently in the United States. In most instances, before the U.S. employer can submit an immigration petition to the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the employer must obtain an approved labor certification request from the DOL's Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The DOL must certify to the USCIS that there are no qualified U.S. workers able, willing, qualified and available to accept 

Pleasure, Tourism, Medical Treatment - Visitor Visas (B-2)

As examples, if the purpose of your planned travel is recreational in nature, including tourism, amusement, visits with friends or relatives, rest, medical treatment, and activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature, then a visitor visa (B-2) would be the appropriate type of visa for your travel.

Persons planning to travel to the U.S. for a different purpose such as students, temporary workers, crewmen, journalists, etc., must apply for a different visa in the appropriate category.

NOTE: Representatives of the foreign press, radio, film, journalists or other information media, engaging in that vocation while in the U.S., require a nonimmigrant Media (I) visa and cannot travel to the U.S. using a visitor visa and cannot travel on the visa waiver program, seeking admission by the DHS immigration inspector, at the U.S. at the port of entry.

The Department of State recommended first source of visa information is this Visa Services internet site. Please review this information carefully. For an additional visa overview, select the Department of State visa portal site,Destination USA. As explained below, it is also recommended that you review the Embassy Consular internet site, for the country where you will be applying for your visa.

Visa Waiver Program

Travelers coming to the U.S. for tourism or business for 90 days or less from qualified countries may be eligible to visit the U.S. without a visa if they meet the visa waiver program requirements. Select Visa Waiver Program to learn more, and find out if you meet the visa waiver requirements.

Currently, 27 countries participate in the Visa Waiver Program, as shown below :

  • Andorra

  • Iceland

  • Norway

  • Australia

  • Ireland

  • Portugal

  • Austria

  • Italy

  • Marino

  • Belgium

  • Japan

  • Singapore

  • Brunei

  • Liechte

  • Slovenia

  • Denmark

  • Luxemb

  • Spain

  • Netherlands

  • Switzerland

  • Germany

  • New Zealand

bottom of page